Monday, October 3, 2016

Dental Care

I thought I'd give you all a quick dental update.
A few weeks back I went in and met with the dentist. He took x-rays and did a quick look in my mouth. This took maybe 20 minutes. Then I had to schedule a time to meet with the hygienist. That appointment was today.
It's relatively the same as the states except they don't floss your teeth, they use this water thing. She told me the name but I don't remember. It shoots water and vibrates and gets all the plaque off. She equated it to the machine you drop your wedding ring in and it vibrates and cleans your ring.
The other difference was when I asked her when I needed to come back she said maybe 2 years! What?! She said that I would be called in a year to meet with the dentist again. (Here for appointments they don't ask what's good they just schedule it and send you a letter. If that time doesn't work you call and move it.) As long as he didn't feel like I needed any special attention to my teeth, I would see her in two years.
So either the US makes a killing off of seeing us every 6 months or their oral health here sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment